Sports career can be measured by special moments, lessons learned and a connection with people.
George A. Sheehan said “Sports is where an entire life can be compressed into a few hours, where the emotions of a lifetime can be felt on an acre or two of ground. Sports is singularly able to give us peak experiences where we feel completely one with the world and transcend all conflicts as we finally become our own potential.”
Powerful Sports words stand alone in significance and together amazingly as a chain
In Sports or in life generally if one want to move forward towards his goals he must be willing to adapt.
Using ADAPT as an acronym:
- Adjustability (one must be adjust to what is being asked by developing new ways of doing things in any Sports)
- Determination (When you found your way in Sports , make it happen, and don’t let anything stand in your way)
- Accountability (ask yourself wether you have made the most of your talents or not, and keep pushing youself th be the best you can be in any field in Sports)
- Perseverance (ups and downs in Sports and how one respond to them makes you who you are)
- Trust (believe in yourself and trust that you can be the best in any circumstances in Sports)
Find something you love in Sports, Go catch it
Sports pretends to be a literature that people believe in. Sports like a microcosm of a human life.
Rita Mae Brown said that “Sports let the white bone of character shine. Sports give players an opportunity to know and test themselves”.
Lewis H. Lapham, Money an Class in America, 1988 said “Sports must preserve an illusion of perfect innocence”.
George Herbert said “Skill and confidence are an uncovered army of Sports”.
“You are the Sports handicap you must face” said James Lane Allen
“Sports serve society by providing vivid examples of excellence”said George F. Will
Arthur Ashe said “You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real Joy”.
“The strenght of the group is the strenght of the leaders” Vince Lombardi said
“If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price”. said Bud Wilkinson.
Mike Ditka said “Success is about having, excellence is about being the best you can”.
Keep in mind that a life of frustration is inevitable for any one, whose main enjoyment is winning, and success isn’t just something that happened, it is learned, practiced and shared in any Sports.